Passat b2 1.6td breaking for spares

The older generation of passats, do you have some tech help for us....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

andyboy069
Passat model: b2

Passat b2 1.6td breaking for spares

Post by andyboy069 »

Collected this the other day, fired straight up with a battery and ran well and drove around my private estate.

Here is the back story on the car:
Previous owner had the engine reconditioned, which included a new turbo, new injection pump and injectors etc.
He said he done approximately 500-1000 miles until the car was laid up due to rear axle bushes being pretty non existent and his wife passing away. I looked on DVLA and it says last taxed in 1997!! He told me the engine was started and ran up to temp every year at least. Which i completely believe due to it firing straight up with a charged battery on it. Even all the lights, horn and wipers worked!

Videos at the bottom of the engine running and car driving.

Body is rotten... i have seen alot worse repaired, but in my opinion, it isnt worth the money to restore, which is a shame.

Engine, gearbox and clutch good.

Seats are good, just need a clean, rear seats have been folded forward most of their life so zero wear, just marks on them which will wipe off.

All glass is intact.

Bonnet is good. Light surface rust underneath and original sound deadening, but definitely no rot I can find.

Wheels all useable with original stainless steel centre caps. Would look awesome banded. Plus an unused spare wheel.

Dash is very cracked and so is the fascia, but most other interior seems good, just needs a decent clean.

Has a towbar.

Front grill is good, just faded.

Located in herne bay, kent.

Can post smaller items, but fragile and big stuff needs collecting really, or i can deliver for fuel within 60 miles ish

This topic has 11 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login