Havana Gold, 1978 B1 20v turbo

The older generation of passats, do you have some tech help for us....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

funktopus
B1

Havana Gold, 1978 B1 20v turbo

Post by funktopus »

Hi guys. After selling my yellow 75 B1 Passat to Jay on here I missed it badly so I wanted another! This came up on EBay last year and suddenly it was mine. Initial inspection showed it was in a bad way, lots of rot and bad repairs to old rot! A month or so later and I had it road worthy . Ran it for a bit but secretly hankered for some turbo power. After lots of research I decided the best way to tackle it was to buy a complete car as a donor and go for it! I bought a 1996 B5 with the big valve AEB engine. The car already had a re-map, digi boost controller and de-cat pipe and was hitting about 170 bhp so a good starting point.
The installation hasn't been straight forward and lots of custom fab work was needed but I'm nearly at starting point! Still to do are fuel lines and pump , hydro clutch and fit the modified loom.
Anyways, here's some pics. ( hopefully! I can build cars but computers are a mystery !! Lol )

Last edited by funktopus on Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

This topic has 49 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login