Mk2 passat gl5 estate : spares or repair.

The older generation of passats, do you have some tech help for us....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

evans.I

Mk2 passat gl5 estate : spares or repair.

Post by evans.I »

The story goes: Got the car about 3 months ago in pretty good shape just to cart around my xc bike (and look like a bigtime player, obviously). A couple of months down the line the clutch master cylinder went which although was a bit annoying, was not that big a deal. It drove fine after that with the clutch feeling far more solid and responsive, but sadly that was short lived as i believe the clutch slave cylinder has now seized so the clutch is constantly dis-engaged. I've tried with all my strength to get this out ready for inspection and replacement, but i just cant budge it :( Another car has come along that i'm very interested in so i'm just going to bite the bullet and get rid of the passat for somebody else to break/fix up. A new slave cylinder is about 25 quid from gsf so not a big deal really.
The car is pretty straight bodywork wise with the usual bits of rust and a couple of dings. I've also started to smooth the boot but unfortunatly ran out of money to complete this so its half done in primer and has started to rust a bit (v easy to get off) The interior is generally ok for a car of that age, i've taken the trim out of the boot though as it looks far less tatty without it as some of the trim was cracked, i still have all of that spare so it will be included, also the rear light has a broken lens which will need replacing. Engine wise its only got 66k on it so when i had it it was very smooth, had lots of pull, and for the engine size wasn't that bad on fuel. It used next no no oil either (i put about 2 k on it) It comes with the standard alloys too, no stereo, missing ariel.Its also had a new battery recently. I'll get some good pics up tomorrow, just giving you guys a heads up, something to maybe think about :) I'll be after about £200 quid just to get rid of it quickly, (still with 4 months tax and 4 months mot!!!!) I'd be happy to see this thing back on the road again as it was great fun to drive and is a real rare car. Pics tomorrow people.

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login