My Mk1 Passat Barnfind: "Dusty"

The older generation of passats, do you have some tech help for us....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Rizzo The Rat
B3
Passat model: B1, B2, B5, B5.5
Location: Elmpt, Germany or Horncastle, Lincolnshire when I'm on leave

My Mk1 Passat Barnfind: "Dusty"

Post by Rizzo The Rat »

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and to the Passat community though I have been into VWs for a few years now. I have a 1971 VW 1300 Street Baja project, a 1972 VW 1303 "Early Bug" project, and a 1988 VW T25 Panel Van with a rock and roll bed in it and this is actually on the road! :))

I have just bought a 1979 Passat from ebay which was a barn find, sat in a garage since 2003 when the clutch went. It's a 2 owner vehicle with 66,000 miles on it and completely original. Not for long though... ;)

I have bought some 13" Mk1 Golf alloys for it and would like to lower it but can't find any suspension kits for it on ebay (my normal source of parts). Where should I shop? I have been offered a set of coilovers from a Mk1 Golf by a mate but have been told on VZi that they wont fit the Passat. Is this true? I haven't got the car on the road (or even seen it as I am in the Army and currently based in Germany). Infact, I'm not even sure if my dad has collected it for me yet as the owner was going on holiday last week. As a result, I haven't got masses of cash to throw at this as it may take a lot to get it on the road but it may not need much doing at all. Who knows... :roll:

Last edited by Rizzo The Rat on Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
An Old VW is very much like Sex Panther Cologne; 60% of the time, it works every time!

1972 VW 1303 Early Looker Resto Project "Princess Fiona"
1979 VW Passat "Dusty" (Barn Find)
1987 VW Passat "Sphinx"
1988 VW T25 Panel/Day Van "Murdoch"
1999 VW Passat 20V Sport
2000 Chrysler Stratus Cabrio
2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser
2004 VW Passat Highline

This topic has 80 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login