More questions on lowering

The older generation of passats, do you have some tech help for us....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

weber magic
still on the production line
Passat model: B2 GT

More questions on lowering

Post by weber magic »

Hi to all. I am brand new to the forum and to passat ownership. I have a part share in a Passat B2GT that we have aquired to take part in a little Challange that my local VW club is organising. we where looking for a santana but this came up at a good price. (Will post pics after the challange has begun)

Our car is totally standard!!!
last weekend after being told you could lower one of these things on MkII golf springs we jacked it up and tried to do exactly that. We only got as far as the fronts and we could see that it wasn't exactly plug n play so thought we'd better look a little further. what a mind field.

I know there are 40-35mm kits available but this seems a little standard looking by today standards. what we really want is a CHEEP 60mm drop but with out taking an angle grinder to the springs.

I see that Audi 80 front springs fit a treat on the front but what I wana know is do you have to change the shocks as well. I know it is adviseable, but what are the pit falls and has anybody dropped there B2 60mm on standard front shocks?

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login