Newbie's B1 Dasher Wagon Diesel.

The older generation of passats, do you have some tech help for us....

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

wirerat123
Passat model: B1

Newbie's B1 Dasher Wagon Diesel.

Post by wirerat123 »

Well ladies and gentleman, after 6 years of waiting a gentlman that owned this car finally gave up the keys to me at the tune of $250. I've been wanting this car for a LONG time. So here she is.

Finished up a couple of minor mods today. Big stuff coming later.

Yeah, she certainly needs to come down a couple of inches lol. I also have some 4x100 BMW mesh wheels to stick on her once I get everything cleaned up and painted.

Any advice, tips, etc. I've been hunting furiously for a way to lower this thing and it lead me to this site. I still can't find anything concrete about lowering this thing.

Some are saying you can use Mk1 Golf/Rabbit springs and struts and get a 2" drop with the back being nearly perfect bolt on, and the fronts requiring a strut housing modification. Is this true to anyone's knowledge, because if so, it's certainly the route I would like to go as I already have access to a complete set of rabbit springs and struts..

I also saw the coil over conversion, and it looks hot, and it completely the type of route I would like to go. But in Ebay I am only able to find those coil over conversion kits for Honda or mustang, etc. And particular one that works best? I figure the Honda ones are likely to fit ok, but don't know for sure. Anyone here that can help with advice on what parts to get (on a reasonable budget of course, wife isn't likely to allow me much more than $300 for suspension.). A good tutorial on doing this etc?

I just really want to get her lowered and what options I have for doing so.

This topic has 11 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login