My £300 b5s!!

We have some budding photographers on here...talk here about cameras/settings/kit/locations ...and the like..post your videos/links/makings also for all to see...

Moderators: vwnutant, desertstorm, water01

Mk2-matt
still on the production line
Passat model: B5 estate

My £300 b5s!!

Post by Mk2-matt » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:19 pm

just bought my second b5 bargin, first was a highly modified 1.8t juice guzzling estate wich i recently sold, iv now bought a 2000 115bhp? 1.9tdi pd esate 150k with full vw sevice history 11m mot for £300!! i was assured by the mechaic i bought it off that the d.m.f was knocking hence the low price... I went to Lichfield to view the car wich is absolutly spanking!!! Fired her up to here no noisy flywheel? So i handed the cash straight over jumped in and off i went! Clutch couldnt get any higher it crunches into 2nd and it wines its tw*t off!! So looks like im in need of a gearbox......

Heres the old 1.8t .... I paid £300 for this shanker back in 2014 with 180k it was matt black and absolutly hangin bits, i did all the appropriate work and made her half decent she flew 2 mots! And was dynod at 193bhp!!! So it went well.. But being married with 3 kids the wife sed it wasnt practical and made me sell it last month so i sold it for ..... £300 and regretted it ever since

So selling that left me with no optoin but to get another.... So wile i was on the hunt for another i needed a daily driver which isnt a passat but its close and it was sat in my workshop gathering dust, let's just say its not what it says on the tin.....

Excuse my messy workshop
ImageImageImage

Heres the new b5!! ImageImageImage

ct.p
UKPassat's Possie
Passat model: B5.5 H'Line Est

Re: My £300 b5s!!

Post by ct.p » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:37 pm

A few things;

1, Your camera, you are holding wrong for the blue ones photos. :hyst

2, Nice cars, all of them

3, Don't sell this one

4, Tidy up the workshop, otherwise someone will call the 'elf & safety police and remember, where there's blame there's a claim.
VCDS and Vagtacho in Maidenhead Berks

Mk2-matt

Post by Mk2-matt » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:13 am

Thanks for the reply, sorry about the pics of the blue 1 they where straight from the ebay add this 1 is for keeps, and has gotta stay standard according to the wife! Pfft no chance ! Haha the workshop gets tidyd once a week believe it or not haha

ct.p
UKPassat's Possie
Passat model: B5.5 H'Line Est

Post by ct.p » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:45 am

Mk2-matt wrote:Thanks for the reply, sorry about the pics of the blue 1 they where straight from the ebay add this 1 is for keeps, and has gotta stay standard according to the wife! Pfft no chance ! Haha the workshop gets tidyd once a week believe it or not haha
Keep and eye on the coolant level if it is a 115hp PD, these were the first ones, with a lower compression ration and a reputation for head gasket failure. No idea why with the lower CR.

As for the workshop, I know what it is like. I have just a garage at the end of my garden where not much work happens and you should see the mess that can get into, especially considering that not much work gets done in there :hyst

I often spend more time looking for tools than I do using them.
VCDS and Vagtacho in Maidenhead Berks

Mk2-matt

Post by Mk2-matt » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:36 am

Iv done a few gaskets on the pds now, usually jettas (my garage is on a taxi base) not that bad of a job really the answer to not finding tools "its hangin up on the floor" haha

Darknights81
B1
Passat model: B5.5

Post by Darknights81 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:23 am

Nice car! Look just like mine! Lol!

Jase1.8t
B5
Passat model: B5

Post by Jase1.8t » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:48 pm

Love this colour blue