B5.5 130TDi Sport

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

craig1010cc
B1
Passat model: B5.5 130 TDi

B5.5 130TDi Sport

Post by craig1010cc »

A few years back (hmm, might be closer to 5) I used to have a B4 TDi which i sold to a member on here and it was still going strong earlier this year when it came back up for sale.
Back in its prime
Sadly, I wasn't in the market at the time, but last week I back looking for a new daily as my miles have gone up and another TDi was needed. Have a trawl through ebay/autotrader, I quickly came to the conclusion that for my limited budget, a passat was the obvious choice.

A few went on my watch list, but nothing jumped out until by luck this one popped up 5 miles down the road on gumtree :)

3 owner car, well loved and doesn't show its 158k at all (and def doesn't drive like it), but like all 14yr old cars, it does have a few issues. The drivers rear window doesn't move, the central locking doesn't work on anything except the drivers door and boot, the outside temp sensor doesn't read and after a few days of driving it seems that the temp gauge likes to wander back down to 60 when going down long hills (so I suspect its the sender).

But other than that, I really can't grumble. the interior is in mint condition (and the sports seats are so comfy and supportive), goes really well and seems to be doing the 50+ MPG i'd hoped fror