Green Wagon's tribulations and trials

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: vwnutant, desertstorm, water01

physicsfool
still on the production line
Passat model: B5.5

Green Wagon's tribulations and trials

Post by physicsfool »

Evening all,

This is my first Passat, maintained my mums B5 1,8t for a while and my old man has a 1.9 tdi A4 so a big fan of the motor and I love the practicality of an estate. I bike so being able to throw it in the boot is a win. And with the prospect of a few festivals coming up a single mattress fits perfectly with the seats down. I haven't bought this as a large project as i have a Polo G40 80% complete.
But a bit of harmless tinkering will occur, i am about to start the last year of my phd here at york so my priorities need to stay mostly focused on that. I will stop rambling a post a few pictures.

Spur of the moment i jumped on a train to Cambridge and was greeted by this

Bit of rust on the passenger wing, but will get it sorted at some point

Lucky enough to get some oil and filters in the deal

Drove it back up north and popped round to the rents for a hand with the oil and filters change, bought it knowing it had a whiney diff bearing so sourced another 6 speed box fairly locally (can be seen in the background)

While changing the fuel filter my clumsiness became apparent and i snapped the dip stick funnel.

Having to source parts for an old VW is a nightmare, however a 2003 passat is not an issue, for £5 i obtained a new one and got it fitted in the rain

I also cleaned the drains under the battery as they were a bit backed up

Probably one of my best purchases to date is this led tube light from Aldi, only £24

The fuel filter i bought was a bit damaged on purchase, i bent a few of the bits back but it looks like it is still leaking so i will take it back to Andrew Page and try to blag an undamaged one.

I ordered up an EGR delete kit off Scotty on here, and a rear OS calliper as the one on has seized, Finally the door lock module doesn't open or close the driver door with the fob so ordered one of those as well.

I dont want to lose the practicality of this car by lowering it too much or putting massive wheels on. But may look to pop some 18's on at some point and refresh the suspension with a bilstein kit.

I am also looking to swap the cd and tape deck to a double din android powered unit of some sort.

Most importantly i want go on some trips both local and abroad

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login