'98 B5 Budget Build

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Parkodrive
B1
Passat model: B5.5

'98 B5 Budget Build

Post by Parkodrive »

Figured I would share my slow to progress B5 Saloon budget build.

Picked up my '98 B5 1.8 20v Saloon with 133k on the clock (it now has a smidge over 135k) back in April and it was looking a bit worn/tired:
Bit of a knock on the rear left door and the drivers side mirror is looking rather nasty but other than that I cant fault it. Immaculate interior for the age and mileage.

Ran it for a couple of months before deciding to paint the trim black. Just used 2 matte black rattle cans to get the job done for under £15:
Clearly made a massive difference.

Ordered a set of Apex lowering springs to drop the car 40mm all round. This was a pita as the company I used were less than useless and after nearly a month of waiting I finally got them fitted:
While I was at it I de-badged the boot lid and it looks much cleaner now.

As it stands I am rather happy with the car but there is obviously more to do.

Next up is:
-A refurb of the steel wheels plus some center caps until I find some wheels I like.,
-Orange Indicators and side repeaters
-Remove the aerial
-Possible black vinyl wrap for the roof to take care of the rust spots as I don't want to respray it (pearl metallic paint costs too much)

There a few other things I would like to do but I'm not yet 100% on wether I want to.

Overall, for under £700 (car and parts) I am really happy with it and its yet to put a foot wrong.
Last edited by Parkodrive on Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2003 B5.5 PD130 Wagon

This topic has 55 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login