Black B6 SEL 170 Wagon - Mindriot Passat #3

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Mindriot
UKPassat's Possie
Passat model: T5 2.5 4MO Kombi

Black B6 SEL 170 Wagon - Mindriot Passat #3

Post by Mindriot »

Ok, lets see if I can do a build thread properly for #3!

This time its a Diamond Black 2007 model (11/2006) BMR engined 170 SEL Wagon :D

Manual 6 speed, not going anywhere near a DSG out of warranty!

Yes I know I said I wouldnt go B6 but what can you do, need a newer car for mileage and maintenance, I want to spend money and time on improvements this time not putting right fools handiwork.

124000 miles, £2995 paid.

Not in use yet doing some miles atm so the B5.5 is still in use.

Immediately prior to resale it has had a solid flywheel and new clutch and some other bits and pieces.

Auto hold, front and rear PDC, cruise, auto lights, dual zone full climatronic, heated front seats, rain sensing wipers, autodim rear view, etc

Inside its got the Alcantra/Leather seats with electric drivers seat. Call me mad but I prefer the nice old Sport cloth setup tbh but you take the right car at the right money, I hate looking after leather and stressing over it - at least I finally got a black one! Its got the brushed alloy dash trims.

So far its just been cleaned up and degreased the engine bay which had like a brown/orange fine dust all over it.

No faults seem to be in ECU and everything works afaik. Boday and paint is about 8.5/10 nothing too difficult to sort just a few scuffs and 3 little poc mark dings.

Its even got pull up blinds in the rear door cards never seen them before.

Mods wise :

Oil pump drive.

Ive already bought turning headlights from Jaraz just need to collect up all the needed bits and wiring to fit them and code them in.

R17's off of the B5.5, the 16s off it will go on/with the B5.5 if I can bear to part with it. Pondering using them just as is for now, maybe a very dark grey refinish when they come off for winter. Dont want black or matte finishes they dont work well against a black painted car, needs to be a little contrast.

Got a matching set of 16 S-Line original wheels to refinish to match for winter tyres, got them for 50 but theyve been done in a REALLY light silver/grey doesnt look great though finish is decent.

Maximum legal levels of black tint in various windows, will look ok on a black car.

Going to replace head unit with an eonon GA5153V, a class 4 - 4 channel amp and JBL speakers will follow later.

Not the usual half baked stuff this gets some good reviews in VW's. To this I will add and install my full Sygic licenced nav software, should make a spectacular combo.

http://www.eonon.co.uk/Specific-Car-GPS/GA5153V.html

Led conversions here and there, maybe skyline rings later if money permits.

30mm drop, maybe Bilstein B12-Pro kit if I can make my fingers click for the price!

Remap once its been properly looked over and driven a bit to prove itself.

Better discs and pads, maybe bigger brakes if its not big money.

De-chrome, I cannot use the right words to say here how I hate chrome, its all going except the roof rails, theyll stay for contrast and because theyre a brushed finish and would be hell on to change the finish - options are satin or matte black, maybe black chrome style with a dark tint wrap - thinking vinyl wrap for this to try the look out initially - info what to buy/use would be appreciated.

My pal thinks I am mad to dechrome, but hes a new inexperienced driver and easily distracted by tat and bling!

I want this to be a very dark car, subtle but distinctive and everyday practical so no silly furniture or subs in the boot etc.

This topic has 40 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login