My b5.5 wagon

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

ihaveaveedub
Passat model: B5.5

My b5.5 wagon

Post by ihaveaveedub »

Thought I would open myself a wee thread to contain some ramblings about my passat.
'04 VW Passat 1.9TDI PD130 Sport Estate.
119,000 miles

Some photos;

Since I got it I have changed timing belt and waterpump.
Replaced brake calipers and discs all round.
New alternator.
Had one alloy sandblasted and powdercoated.
Replaced the drivers door window drive unit.(fiddly)
Replaced all four tyres and had the tracking sorted.

Things which are on the to do list are;

*Front wings, they have rusted through and drivers side has become v bad after someone reversed into the front corner. Broke the front bumper mount on that side too which affects the headlight.
* Turbo is whining away, using oil.
* Losing pressure slowly in rear tyre due to corrosion on the rim. Back to the sandblasters it is. I'll end up with 4 matte black rims eventually :-
* Air con needs a regas
* Stage 1 shark...would be nice if I can procure some funds for not essential works.
* Stiffen up the front end with some upper n lower strut braces.
* Replace undertray when fitting lower brace, its in tatters from speed bumps and forestry roads. Ive got it cable tied on at the moment L-)
* Rear light clusters suffering condensation. replace.
* n/s rear window needs the motor cable thingee doing too. Hopefully more straighforward than the drivers door as less buttons etc.
* Chrome is looking POOR. polish properly, maybe with dremel
* Replace chrome trim along o/s rear door. (tight parking space and work gear on I got caught and bent it. Twud #-o )
* Figure out how to clear rear gutters as bootlid leaks when lifted. (stained the boot cover which sucked)
* ... wipers, It has a set of Bosch wipers on it that dont seem to fit. They miss the top of the rear window and the top edge of the front. Like they are not curved enough.

All things to bring it back in line with how it should be. Stiffen up the front end and get a bit more power whilst keeping the mpg. Got 54mpg on a run from Edinburgh to Portsmouth the other month, its pretty good really. That tank went for 670miles, was the best part of the way to Spain when it needed topped up. I get about 45mpg on my 40mile commute. I haven't had a proper look at the suspension yet but it rides real low. I think it may have been dropped 30mm before I got it. It scrubs over larger speed bumps when straddled, maybe you can tell from looking?

I will try to keep this updated as I work on bits and pieces.
Cheers
'04 VW Passat 1.9TDI PS130 Sport Estate