Ardi's Passat 2.7 V6 biturbo 4motion sedan LOTS OF PICTURES

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

ardiilves
still on the production line
Passat model: B5 Bi-turbo

Ardi's Passat 2.7 V6 biturbo 4motion sedan LOTS OF PICTURES

Post by ardiilves »

Hi everybody!
My name is Ardi, I'm from Estonia and I thought that I'd share my daily driver with you. :)
NB! I copied everything from another forum so many texts won't match time, date or could just not make sense :D
As the title says it's Volkswagen Passat (B5) from year 2000 and has 2.8L V6 engine with manual transmission and 4motion 4WD system. (Used to be :D)
I bought the car for daily driving purposes but I've done pretty much with it so far.
So let's have a look. Hope you enjoy the reading and as you can see I like to take pictures of everything. Hope you don't mind. Tell me what you think and if you have any questions about me or my ride don't hesitate to ask. I won't bite. :cool: cheers!

This is the car when I bought it. The pictures are from the ad.

So the mods began. First things first. I installed the subwoofer from my previous car but since this was owned by the police before I had to remove bunch of wires that I did not need anymore.

Installed the LED trunk light.

Also installed fog lights from Audi A4. Got a little help from my girlfriend. :D

Bought and polished OEM Xenon headlights

Changed s*itty 2din radio for my old alpine headunit

Washed the car and went to a photoshoot

Installed front and back LED foot lighting and US style front indicators.

Aand so the 4WD fun began :cool:

Changed interior bits a bit.

And added interior door handle lights.

Little winter fun

Installed voltmeter just because I can

Installed parking sensors and had some fun on the sea (actually the ice was between me and the sea)

Bought new headunit

Between the mods something bad happened. My timing belt failed me and I had a blown engine. Oh well, it took me a month but I fixed it. Here's some pictures of that. I had to tow my car home like 100km with a freezing weather. It was -21 degrees celsius outside. Car was broken anyway so I changed the heater core also.

Had to fix the front bumper also

Engine fixed, so began the iPad build. Also painted front badge blaaaaack

Changed the front indicators and the grille

Installed coming/leaving home module

Painted the headlights blaaaaack

Got new set of wheels

Made new subwoofer enclosure

Bought new interior. Alcantara leather seats with heated front seats. Had to tear off the dashboard again and the whole bottom to install OEM wiring and buttons.

Just some pictures

Carwash

Bought and installed OEM comfort blinker relay

Changed the clutch and transmission fluids

I also installed GoPro Hero 3 as a dashcam because there's lots of morons on the streets.
Got a few ideas on installing rear view camera. Trying to get it working with iPad as a screen. Need to order camera and signal sender from ebay.

Visited my country cottage this weekend and had some fun on the ice and on the empty roads.

Also I got my automatic windows working today with program called VDS-PRO. They roll up and down when I hold remote button a little longer. If the button is pressed just once nothing happens and the doors just close/open.

Wow I's been a long time since I posted something. Got a few mods done so far. I installed sound insulation by using STP Gold, STP SPL08 and Biplast 10. Broke the drivers window while putting the insulation in. Great thing about German cars is that it was around 20.00 (8pm) and I managed to buy myself a new window and also install it. Also got myself some new mirrors off an 2004 passat and black rear view mirror because I'm planning to re do the roof black. It has turn signals witch I made dark and installed some puddle lights also. They light up when I unlock the door or open the door when the ignition is turned on. They fade away when I close the door or lock the doors. My new speakers are arriving this week so stay tuned for that build. So here's a lot of pictures from the builds.

Got some new extras for the car. Holder for the glasses and full FIS cluster from newer car. I've been looking for this cluster for a long time because full FIS clusters for a gasoline car are hard to find.

old

new

Hello again! Some new updates about my Passat.

I changed the oil, hauled some sand and installed sound deadening under the rear seat and on the rear fenders.

Also the biggest update from today is my new steering wheel. Wheel is from Golf 6 and has MF controls. The buttons will be controlling the radio (volume, next, previous), cruise control (set, -, +, res, cancel), and MFA (next, previous, trip1, trip2).

Lots and lots of headache but finally got the steering wheel buttons working. Only thing left is MFA controls and button illumination.
I ordered connects2 adapter for pioneer headunit so my buttons work with that.

I had to get a whole wiring loom to sort out what wires I need to install to make it work and I made whole new buttons to control my original B5 button plates.

at the end a video of it all working.

Did a little photoshoot this weekend to show off my new wheels.

Long time no see. I had some big projects going on.
I bought myself an Audi 2.7 v6 bi-turbo engine and decided to replace my old boring 2.8 naturally aspirated motor with this. Also I swapped my old 5 speed gearbox to 6 speed manual.

So what did I need?

Full engine with wiring and ECU
6 speed manual gearbox
Gear changer assembly
Coolers
Cooler mountings
Power steering feed line
Climate plumbing from A6
Heater core hoses
Front driveshafts from A6/S4
Driveshaft from gearbox to rear differential (shorter)
Rear differential to match gearbox gear ratio
Audi PIN code to make ECU work with passat
+ many different thing that I cant remember now

Holes for cooler brakets were existing on my passat, just needed to mount them. I needed to relocate my horns because the old location was not okay because the cooler. Engine and tranny mounts were 1:1 bolt on, I only needed to change the gear changer to match 6 speed gearbox. There were different thing that needed to be sorted out but nothing major. My biggest problem was that the engine and the engine wiring came out of different cars with different years, so needed to get them to match.

I had a whole bunch of things that I took home with me.

In extra I refreshed the engine a little. Changed different gaskets that needed to be changed, changed the oil, engine belt with tensioner.
Also cleaned everything on the engine and engine bay.

I have bigger brakes also waiting. Front from audi A6 (same as S4) and rear ventilated brakes from S4.

My girlfriend had a friend over so we made some fun also :D

Also I wanted to change my interior so I got the chance. Same interior I had before but from a newer Passat. Different front and rear armrests, drivers door panel and drivers seat is with memory. Also had facelift mirrors with folding and memory function installed.

Right now the interior is installed but need some electrical parts to make all this work together. Changed the rear springs to Audi A6 stronger springs.

My 6 speed gearbox torsen was welded together to use it as a RWD (previous owner) so I got myself a new torsen and changed it yesterday with rear differential to match gearbox gear ratio.

Yesterday I finished a little update on electrics. Changed CCM from B5 1j0 to B5.5 1c0. Also changed all the window motors to match the ccm. With that the folding mirrors started to work and now I have indicator in the cluster for open doors and boot. Still have to change the climate control unit for accurate outside temperature reading in cluster and climate control and finish wiring for memory seats. Now I can start figuring out the wiring for boot release with key fob.
Also managed to get my hands on Audi S8 electrical steering column. Will see when and how I will install it.

Few updates again. Went on a trip to my grandparents and also made a little photoshoot.

Finally got a chance to finish my memory operated seats and mirrors install. Now the seats work with memory and also the mirrors. Also passenger side mirror tilts when I put car in reverse so the area of view is better.

Addition for making the car stiffer I managed to get my hands on original strutbar from Audi S6. It needs a little modification to make it fit but no problem there.

Finally installed battery/rain cover under the hood. Now it looks even better under there. Also finished up the S8 electric steering column install. Now when I turn the ignition on, steering wheel comes to last saved position and when I switch ignition off steering wheel goes up and in. Steering column was a direct fit, only the plastics need a little figuring and the wiring needed to be done to the steering column ECU.

And lastly a more rare item. Passat W8 dome light with backlight buttons and red LED mood lights.

So that's it for now...few years of moding in one post. I believe many people want to kick me for posting SOOO long post with SOOOO many pictures so...I'm so very sorry :D
Last edited by ardiilves on Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:09 am, edited 5 times in total.

This topic has 73 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login