3B5 Project: DOGZILLA, Wolf Wagon

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

krAwl
B1
Passat model: B5 SE TDI 115

3B5 Project: DOGZILLA, Wolf Wagon

Post by krAwl »

Hi all, a lot of you may know me on Facebook, but if not, I'm Tom :)

I bought my B5 Passat Wagon 1.9 TDi-PD 115 on September 1st 2014. It's a 2000 SE model with cream cloth interior. It had 142k on the clock when I bought her and most of the service history, with MOT until May 2015. I can't believe I almost bought a Citroen Berlingo instead! I test drove one and it was rubbish and slow. I held out and discovered the Passat!
I told the dealer I only had a grand and needed a diesel estate for work, which is Pet Services. He told me I could have it for a grand, as it was up for £1450 I got nothing with it and had to pay for 6 months tax as well.
I started up a Pet Services business in August last year and needed a more suitable car to my Fiesta ST, to get the dogs around in!

I gave it a full service the day I bought it, and since then Ive only had to change the Thermostat and CTS. It does need some new bushes, radiator is leaking slightly and the exhaust has corroded somewhere. These will need doing for MOT.

Enough of the boring shizzle, I stripped the car down and put rubber mats in the back to fill the boot and back seats, also rubber in the front as the car gets filthy, especially in Winter! I put a big cage in the back for the naughty dogs and felt that was enough for now, to transport 4 medium-large dogs.

EDIT: She was remapped within a few weeks of ownership! Should be running around 147bhp (same as a stock Fiesta ST) and 350Nm torques (same as a stock Audi S3). So she's a right little sleeper now. People must get so surprised when they come right up my bum, then I leave them for dead. I would say my Passat is only a little slower than my Fiesta ST! SO she'll keep up with most hot hatches. Definitely recommend a remap if that's the only engine mod you do! I'll be keeping my exhaust standard so it sounds professional for work.

Here are some photos of how she was when I first got her:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by krAwl on Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.

This topic has 33 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login