Belated B6 Build threat. air ride & more

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Brett b6
Passat model: B6

Belated B6 Build threat. air ride & more

Post by Brett b6 »

Been a member on the forum for quite some time but only just getting around to making a thread of my B6 2.0TDi SE 140

i bought the car early june 2013 as a complete standard car, unfortunately i dont have any photos of the car available when i first picked her up. but it didnt take long to get started within a couple months i had bought FK street coilovers (yes they're shocking but did the job) along with all small mods such as HID, tints, exhaust etc. it was soon looking like this. along with a shark performance remap which now sees the car running 183Bhp/303lb-ft

not long after i finally got some 18" BBS CH's

not much really happened with the car for the rest of 2013. as i was saving my money for a nice Christmas present. so towards the end of January/feb i finally picked up my airlift suspension running V2 digital management and slam series struts.

with help of a couple of friends we stripped the car over 1 weekend to install the air ride. wasn't after no fancy build just a nice clean install for the time being.

so here is the outcome. was also needing a drivers side chassis notch to bring the front level. but i was more than pleased with how it sat.

so due to the air ride i wasnt happy with the BBS anymore and was looking for something wider, bigger and a bit more out there. then i stumbled across some Mercedes S600 alloys. 19" 8.5 fronts/9.5 rears finished in shadow chrome.

along with a 15mm spacer on the front and a 20mm on the rear the fitment is slowly getting there in my eyes.

i then focused on finishing the boot install. i was still after having a good sized boot so i thought ide box the tank and compressor towards the back of the boot against the rear bench. once doing so i took the car to some friends at PURECUSTOMS in coventry to finish it in gret leather and original carpet. as well as having the tank painted to match the exterior of the car

finally most recently i wanted to focus on the front end as i hadn't really done alot so i gave her a R-line splitter (only a rep in ABF plastic) a US spec front grille and tinted the indicators and the headlights giving her a nice smooth like IMO

This is now how she looks and will remain like this untill across winter where hopefully some big changed will be happening. i shall keep this thread updated.

opinions are welcome :)

This topic has 12 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login