Adams Beige B3 winter beater.

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, desertstorm, vwnutant

adamburton93
Passat model: b2 wagon

Adams Beige B3 winter beater.

Post by adamburton93 »

Thought it was about time I introduced myself properly and made a bit of a thread seeing as I've been lurking on here a while, some of you may recall me having a b2 estate a while back but now I've got myself a b3 to burn about in over winter and save a few pennies lol.

Here's my old B2

I then bought my b3 off a local guy as a standard 1.6td with coilovers fitted but not lowered as such so I soon fixed that, and fitted the only wheels I had with legal tyres.

Then this happened, multiple times

Then the car got prohibited for throwing sparks at a traffic police car on the M27 after a car meet one night

Which then lead to an MOT, a few very late nights and a sh*tload of welding amongst other things

After smashing the third sump I struggled to find another GTD sump so ended up buying a standard big block sump from euro's and welding in the oil return port off the old sump

After getting bored of repeatedly smashing sumps I decided to raise the engine, because raising the car would be gay. Hockey puck engine mounts ftw

I then test fitted some new wheels in order to bring the car up that little bit without raising it, yes that is an engine crane on the front towing eye as we had no jack

And made the purchase

I then got sick of the terrible green and grey primer mix of paintwork so gave it a quick spruce up with a roller over the Christmas period, nothing special just a quick scotch and paint, but it tidied it up

The almost finished product and how it currently stands. It's by no means perfect but it's tidied it up massively the roof still needs doing and could do with a few touch ups but they can be done when the weather improves.

Since painting it I have done a few few other bits and pieces however I feel I have spammed with enough photos tonight, so will update a bit more at a later date! Thanks for reading through and all opinions and questions are welcome :D

This topic has 12 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login