Andy Mac's 20vt - the UKP town bike......

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Andymac
B6
Passat model: B5.5 TDI 130PD

Andy Mac's 20vt - the UKP town bike......

Post by Andymac »

Lol seems like this car has been owned by half of the members on here, I think it was originally Ant's. Thought I'd start up a thread for it (no name as of yet) cos there are a few things that need sortin an a few questions that need askin before I can put my personal touch on it.

How it looks for now....

So it's a 1998 B5 1.8 20v turbo with quite a few engine mods, I'll grt into that another day. I need to know;

1. The boot release button in the tray in the centre console (below the armrest) is that standard or a mod? It's a bit dodgy and can take 5/6 presses before the boot opens so anyone any ideas what I should check first? Also can the boot be opened from the key like a b5.5 can cos I only have a 2 button key?

2. Can I get a plenum/bulkhead cover for this? I was so used to the tidy looking engine bay on my b5.5 and would like this to look equally as tidy haha!

3. Will a boot carpet from a b5.5 fit this as the carpet is really old and wobbly, my old b5.5 was like new and really firm so I'm guessing its the age?

4. It has a short shifter and is a nightmare to get it to go into 1st, could I adjust it or shall I just remove it? If so how?

5. Gonna need new wings at some point as they have some slight damage where the wheels have fouled, paint code is LB6N so keep your eyes open please!

6. It has h.i.d's and the sidelights and high beams are the normal yellow tint so look a bit daft, can I get some with a bluey tint? If so, where from?

Thanks for any help I know there are a lot of questions so just answer what you can I'm sure I'll get everything sorted slowly but surely. Also if there is anything I need to know about these let me know!

Thanks guys,

Andy Mac

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

This topic has 39 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login