rod the cods build tread

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

rod the cod
B7
Passat model: b5.5 130 awx

rod the cods build tread

Post by rod the cod »

Here goes for my build tread I bought my b5.5 in march 2013 from a garage down in Yorkshire. It’s a reflex silver 130 tdi with a 12000 miles on the clock . it came with the audi s line 18” alloys .the 1st thing to be done was to get it through a taxi test as this car is my work car as well as my personal car aswell Imagethe 1st mod I done was get the tints fitted I went for a 7% tint because I like the look of the dark look Image. Image the body work is standard apart from ive took the stickers of tailgate . Image ive done a few mods with the engine I started with removing the cat and replacing with a Ashley decat pipe . and at the same time I fitted a darkside egr delete pipe Image . then flashed the ecu with a blacksmoke remap which brought the power upto 162 bhp (est) I also fitted a newsouth performance boost gauge to keep tabs on the turbo the car pulled nice but straight away I started having problems with overboost . so I removed turbo and cleaned the vnt Image Image Imageand it was good for a month then the boost started creeping up again . I was adamant it wasn’t the vnt after cleaning it only a few weeks earlier I changed the n75 with a dealer one but still no good so I started searching for a bv43 turboImage of an audi 170 bhp a4 or a6 after about a month or so one came up in west Yorkshire it was listed on ebay for £239 no next day I drove down and bought it . so with me having the turbo I went for the stage 2 option 200 bhp I bought the fmic kit of ebayImage Image Image Image Image I went for the 51mm pipework option and set a day aside for the conversion it went quite smooth with plenty of info on here to follow from karl and chris it was quite enjoyable to do . the last thing to do was the exhaust which I got a company in Newcastle to make me a full stainless system it hasn’t got a center box only a freeflow back box it sounds good without been loud then karl (desertstorm ) sorted my map .so basically that’s all for now next thing I want to do is uprating the brakes upto 312mm up front
Last edited by rod the cod on Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Custom Code Phase 2 remap,BV43 turbo upgrade, FMIC install, egr delete , custom aas stainless exhaust 312mm front brakes
my build http://www.ukpassats.co.uk/phpbb/viewto ... =5&t=68609

This topic has 81 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login