Not a Passat - but..a B5 non the less

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Rich00p
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: sexy B5.5

Not a Passat - but..a B5 non the less

Post by Rich00p »

Ok, so I know I technically shouldn't be posting here.. but the people on the Audi Sport forum don't seem to appreciate my unique sense of humor and I don't know anyone on there so I'm going stay with the people I know and bore you all to death with constant minute updates on my four ringer A4 :-@

After searching long and hard last year for a A4 quattro within my budget I finally gave up and settled on a high mile 2002 passat tdi estate, which I'll be honest wasn't at all what I wanted but needs must at the time but later sold that earlier this year and again after what seemed like ages I stumbled across this nice 180hp 2000 face lift A4 1.8T quattro sport on a random village classifieds site down near Weybridge (the joys of google advanced search)

A few factory upgrades, rear spoiler (still undecided if I like or hate) electric sunroof and Symphony double din headunit and unlike most other Audi's of its age, it has a fully functional and clear DIS display..woop woop!

Haven't really done much in terms of tarting it up, just de badge, a wash down, de gunk of the engine bay and a clay bar and I have to say for its age its in remarkably good nic, it hasn't even seen a rotary or a spot of polish yet

Now being on the ball with the common plenum drain issue I thought "I know, I'd better check the drains..just incase" then mother nature beat me to it and the plenum decided to fill itself up with water, luckily I got to it before it spilled into the cabin

My car having a little wee (ignore the horrid blue thing on 4 wheels)

Then James at OBD works hit it with his lowering stick, although you wouldn't know it from the picture the rears have only about 20mm left :???:

James adopting his usual "on all fours" pose

Some nice shiny new AP's

and a heinous amount of reverse rake! [-x

and finally, I bought some rims.

These were (apparently) an upgrade option for the original A6, 18x8.5 ET32 Avantgarde 2 piece splits, basically a BBS RS2 with a 6 spoke face.. these are currently being split down with the help of Adam and Matt and will be fitted next year if all goes to plan and the stuck bolt studs come out

Mmmmmm... splits.

Anyway, if you're still awake, congratulations... if you fell asleep while reading...sorry

This topic has 16 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login