Cleaned my manifold and egr

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

gor131-x
B6

Cleaned my manifold and egr

Post by gor131-x »

thought i'd do it as the car has 134k on the clock and i knew it would be a bit sooted up,got some helpful info off MRTDI on here(cheers) and began doing it,i took out the airbox,made the job a lot easier,also did me uncles bora,thats a pig of a job with the engine being transverse and the manifold at the back whereas mines is on the side

pics

not hard to take off

there are 6 of these screws,you need a number 6 allen key to undo them,then 2 on the egr copper pipe which require a 10mm socket and then disconnect all relevant hoses and vacuum hoses

me uncles cleaned egr and my dirty one,me uncles was like that when we started cleaning his

uncles clean manifold

his took a couple of hours to clear out,mines was pretty bad so i blocked one end off and filled it with diesel overnight
and my egr and the copper pipe off the egr left to soak in diesel

all the crud and mess we made

my manifold has a funny bend in it and still required a good bit of elbow grease but eventually got there

put it all back together,i have noticed throttle response is better and my trip computers reading has increased,dunno if thats the weather or the actual manifold but noticed a 3-4mpg increase
115BHP UPSOLUTED with 130 PD Injectors, Custom FMIC, 130bhp solenoid valve

This topic has 41 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login