Das Wagon, B5.5 sport...bits & pieces

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

bigbennos
B4
Passat model: b5.5

Das Wagon, B5.5 sport...bits & pieces

Post by bigbennos »

I've owned Das Wagon for about 2 months now, so I thought I should start a thread.

A bit of background first as I'm a bit of a newbie.
My first car was a 1.0 nova saloon I was handed down from my mum when I passed my test. I ended up keeping it for years and spending a fortune on it. This was where I caught the modifying bug :D
I then had various nova's a GTE, an SR, an SRI, then an XR2 and finally a calibra all of which were modded in one way or another.
About 7 years ago I bought a house and started my business so I had to get sensible, so modified cars took a back seat. So a MK3 astra td estate and a mk4 astra have kept me going (just) in that time.
With the business ticking along nicely I thought it was time I treated myself to a new car.
My initial brief was something : Reliable, economical, spacious, with modding potential...and not too common.
I Quickly narrowed it down to a turbo diesel estate preferably VAG as I'd always wanted in the past but had always opted for the cheaper GM option #-o
So after more deliberating I decided on a passat estate... I was looking at B5.5 and B6's, but I prefer the look of the B5.5's and the B6's in my price bracket were higher mileage low spec models. So A B5.5 it was....now to find one
After scanning the net for months and only finding a couple of average examples I was losing hope of finding anything before christmas, when I found this advertised on Autotrader and only 35miles away
The following day I went and had a look. I put a deposit down there and then and picked it up 2 days later
Here's the spec
03 VW Passat B5.5 TDI 130 sport Variant, 70k miles, FVWSH
Usual Sport spec but a few optional extras:
Heated Leather & Alcantara
Sat Nav MFD1 stereo
Cruise control
Xenon headlights with washers
Fog lights
Full chrome trim
Parking sensors
Factory tints
Rear booster seats
Auto dim rear view mirrors
Could be more that i've missed too lol.
Here's some of the goodies
sat nav
leather alcantara
mirror
Last edited by bigbennos on Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:36 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Das Wagon - B5.5 1.9tdi 130 sport variant
[/size]
http://www.ukpassats.co.uk/phpbb/viewto ... =5&t=59871

This topic has 181 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login