B6 DUB. No Wipers.. Help please. :-/

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Dub Drummer
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: B6 Sport 170 BMR

B6 DUB. No Wipers.. Help please. :-/

Post by Dub Drummer »

:D Hi guys.. This thread started as I was asking for some help with retro fitting some bits but has started to turn in to a build topic so I have changed the title and added in some background info to continue this thread. I really appreciate all the help, advice and compliments that I have received and don't want to start a new topic as I would basically be rewriting a lot of the content. (priviously Retro Fit Nightmares)

So to add a little background....

My name is Tom. I am 32 and live in Brighton. Moved down here from a wee town called Largs on the west coast of scotland about 5 years ago to study.. Met a girl, finished my degree and the rest is history as they say.

I amongst other things have a love of cars and especially VAG. My first car was a 88 polo coupè S and since then I've pretty much stayed within the Vw family. (strayed a couple of times but always came back PDQ)

At 17 I worked as parts boy (bit*h) for VW where I learnt old school microfiche (no computers back then) and gained a pretty good knowledge of VW cars.

Couldn't afford to live on £2.02p Ph so left to study Classic Car Restoration where I bought a MK2 16v and used it as my project car in college. One year later I was qualified and had an amazing 100% rebuilt from bare metal with new parts, wiring, bushes, pipes, engine rebuild with cams, sensors, internals. Obviously new paint (Schwartz Black) Golf Gti.

Since then I've has a good few cars including about 10 novas (young and daft) but also had a few really nice Vag's too.
in last 10 years. 88 mk2 16v, 99 Polo Gti, 06 Leon , 2002 A3 mapped 185 Tdi,
2001 Passat wagon 130 highline, 2006 A4 avant SE S line 220bhp, and my current.. 2008 (57) Passat 170 sport.

This is the car standard the day I picked it up.

Midnight shift fitting coils n having a laugh..

After fitting AP's and 19" A8 alloys with 245-35-19 Hancook Evo V12

I do use my car as estate and this is with my drums in so had to raise it up a little.. Was gutted but it's no point having an unusable car..

Anyway.. This thread is abit back to front but but I'm now going to continue it as my build tread and update some other previous mods and work carried out..

Original post ...

So I have just spent all day catching up on some loose ends with my B6.

I managed to fit and code cruise control, which is working and great to have again. I have missed it since selling my B5. Running the wire to the ecu is a pain in the jack but worth it.

My problem is that I also had a mk6 MFSW to fit. I ordered a new module 3C0- 953-549-AJ but only realised once everything was stripped down that I have been sent a J not AJ.

Anyway.... I fitted the new wheel knowing that the MF wouldn't work but now my horn isn't working either. I have read about slip rings needing changed but my question is...

Would my horn work if I had the correct module or is it a seperate system?
And
If I need a slip ring... Does anyone know which one?

Thanks in advance! You guys are a font of knowledge and I really appreciate any help.

Cheers. Tom.
Last edited by Dub Drummer on Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:19 pm, edited 35 times in total.
So far...
Remapped by CCCtech - 210bhp/450nm - DPF Deleted - AP Coils - 19" S8's - Stainless tail pipes - Hi Def Skirts - R line splitter - R36 spoiler - 2011 B7 full black sports leather - 2010 MFSW - B7 DSG Gear Knob - Retro OEM Cruise Control - Alpine INE 900 touch screen - Focal K2 165KR's Front- JL TR's Rear - "old school" Rockford Fosgate Punch 45.2 - JL W3 12 - JL XD600/1 - JL HD RLC

This topic has 884 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login