Rieger & Votex Kitted B5.5

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

winter20vt
B1
Passat model: B5.5

Rieger & Votex Kitted B5.5

Post by winter20vt »

Evening :wink:

Not really sure whether this post should be in the Introduction forum or here ... so I will post it here and it can be moved if necessary :-bd

Anyway my names Rich, Im 24 and have been driving dubs since I passed my test when I was 17, already seems so long ago! :shock: Unfortunately there have been a few none VAG stop gaps (1.9 Clio, 2.0 Tspark 156 and a 1.3CDTI Corsa) but im a dubber at heart and have always come back!

The background to buying this B5.5 is basically I got a new job last year and driving a 240bhp 1.8T Bora 50 miles a day, 6 days a week killed my bank balance so she had to go :(( Absolutely loved that car and still really miss it, I bought a 1.3 CDTI corsa for economy L-) hated it! but drove it for a year and to give it its due with it being so cheap to run and tax it free'd up some money so i could buy my mk2 Golf 20v T project (but I will get to that later) I then part ex'd the Corsa in against the passat, onwards and upwards! :-P

So my first car was a real stunner, very well looked after 1.0 light blue Polo breadvan from my nan! Although I didnt appreciate it at the time it would have been an awesome little car if I knew what I know now about modding! It got me through my driving test and then unfortunately two weeks later I pulled out of a junction and a 106 hit into the side of it! :-q Dont have any pics of it anymore but it was just standard, next was the 1.9 RT Clio bought for the princely sum of £250 just to get me to work and college til I found a mk2 Golf and this is what I did, picked up a standard 1.6 driver! This is the first car I ever played with so please excuse some of the choice modifications! Cant remember everything I did but I lowered her 40mm, mk3 GTI seats, fitted Kei 15" chrome B-) alloys, mk2 GTI black carpets/trim/rev counter/headligning, big bumpers etc ...

I decided that after driving that for 6 months I decided I "needed" a black mk2 GTI project, managed to find a one in a scrap yard with the headgasket gone for £250 ... erm it needed some work :???:

Being a college student, progress was slow but after a year working on it I got it looking alright, again still young so exuses the bling!

So with this on the road I think I had it for another year, but I just wanted something newer and my dads friend was selling his 8v mk3 GTI. Sold the mk2 and along came the mk3! Most reliable car I have ever owned, never broke down in all the time I had it! Again, bought totally standard, I then did this to it!

Last edited by winter20vt on Mon May 05, 2014 2:00 pm, edited 14 times in total.

This topic has 136 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login