Hecky's wagon, fat 5's fitted.

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

HECKY
B1
Passat model: b5

Hecky's wagon, fat 5's fitted.

Post by HECKY »

So, after owning and modifying dubs over the last 7 or 8 years, in December 2010 I found myself needing a car quite urgently, but...urgent or not, it still had to be a dub. After owning many golfs/boras, 3 T4's and others, a mate was selling this passat.
1.8T with oettinger body kit and OZ wheels with full leather, it was mine for £675! the day I bought it, I then registered on here as I do with different models. Absolute bargain but the 25mpg was a killer after having diesels and Doing 30 miles a day with rubbish wages.
Sooo... Being so impressed with the comfort of the lowered passat platform, I was on the hunt for a TDI but realising they were just out of my budget, I was having to settle with the petrol, UNTIL, this came up.
Mine for £650 needing a bit of TLC but nothing I couldn't sort in a weekend.
Was totally standard so I added a set of B5 sport wheels to start with then various sets of 18's but just didn't look right until I sourced a set of 2nd hand coilovers. Then I collected the bits I needed to fit the land rover wheels (£52 from eBay!) and this was how it looked just before I sold it. Well happy with it, especially getting 50 odd to the gallon!
My eye then got diverted when an 02 plate Seat Leon came up for £800 locally and the rush was on to sell the passat to raise the funds. A deal was done and within 24 hours of owning the Leon, I was gutted I got rid of the passat!
After a couple of months of persevering with the Seat, I HAD to find another TDI passat wagon.
After scouring eBay etc this one came up, a 99 TDI sport for £750 RESULT!!! And here she is
Fitted the 18's that were sat in the shed, all I need to do now is fit the coilovers I purchased today... And these bad boys
9.5's and 8.5x18's.
That's about it for now. No other real big plans but would like leather at some point, and needs a dam good detail!

Thanks for looking.

Hecky. \m/
Last edited by HECKY on Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

This topic has 41 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login