B3's Dirty yet sooo posh!

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

dirtydubs
B1

B3's Dirty yet sooo posh!

Post by dirtydubs »

Hi there everyone, I wasnt really to sure if I should do a thead on this but it seems like Ive started to like this motor alot more than I thought I ever would. I dont really know where this will end up but I will start by saying that I have always put restoration before anything else so the first thing on my list is the MOT and the list of bits needed to pass it! Im not going to complain as this car only set me back £150 and it seems that its a rust free example, its not really the car I was after I had spent a bit of time searching for a good mk3 Golf TDI estate but hadnt really managed to get any money together so when one of my customers rang me up saying that he had to surrender his licence due to bad health and would I be interested in taking has 1990 1.8gl Passat of his hands I thought it would be rude not to have a look as it turned out my misses liked the car alot in fact I couldnt get her out of it so the deal was done and we drove her home well a say "DROVE" I had trouble getting it to idol or to stop plus finding the gears would of helped :roll: and to top it all off I couldnt see my better half in the rear view for the cloud of black smoke :hyst its at this point I thought it might of been a good idea to have taken it for a test drive before I parted with the cash :roll:

So all that aside here he is in all his glory.....

Here are some of the bad bits well as far asa the body is concerned.

At this stage Im not really worried about the body work as getting this car on the road so that I can change my bloody job is the most important thing :D

Cheers for your time Alex.

This topic has 158 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login