Refurbed my A8 wheels !! updated new pics with centre caps.

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Mr TDI
B1

Refurbed my A8 wheels !! updated new pics with centre caps.

Post by Mr TDI »

Had a mad moment last week and decided to refurb my A8 wheels. I bought them last April and since then they have seen better days, unfortunately they were the diamond cut replicas and the laquer starting lifting off. This made them look rather naff and they scratched really easily.

So I thought I would be brave and go for something a little different !

I had them shotblasted and powder coated white !!!!!

I have had a few cars I have done rather unusual things to, but with modifying it is all about being individual I am sure poeple would agree. When I first put them on Hated them and could have cried :cry: but I think this was due to seeing the wheels on the car before they were painted and they looked completely different.

So I slept on it about what to do, and over the next couple of days they have really grown on me. I know they wont be to the taste of a lot of people but it would be boring if we were all the same. I am in the process of spraying the centre caps, which I am hoping will finish the wheels off.

I know the pictures aren't great.

I'm tempted to paint the vw badge on the back white to try and link the wheels in with car not sure though.

NEW PICS BELOW with centre caps now sprayed and fitted. In my opinion looks better.

Cheers Mark :D
Last edited by Mr TDI on Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
1.9 TDI PD 130 remapped to 172bhp
18" A8's in white
Lowered 50mm
Debadged grill

This topic has 24 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login