B5.5 Wagon - Finally got the Lorinsers on :)

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

UtterPiffle
still on the production line
Passat model: b5

B5.5 Wagon - Finally got the Lorinsers on :)

Post by UtterPiffle »

Hi all,

With thanks to many folk on here, I managed to collect the bits required bits to fit my old Lorinsers - 2nd hand 225/40/18's on the 9J rims give a nice little stretch. 5mm spacers up front which get them down to et33. Still running et 38 at the rear, but think I'll pop those out 5mm soon. Got the little plastic rings to centre the wheels, and even at 100mph+, there is absolutely no wobble. I live in Germany btw, so 100mph+ is perfectly legal ;)

It still needs to go down slightly, probably another 10mm up front and 15 ish at the rear. It's just a cheapy 2nd hand coilover kit (about £40 on eBay, yay), but the rear shocks were pitted, so I have original rear shocks in still. As such, I can't really take rear the adjusters out as the coils are then loose on full extension. Will come up with something :)

The car is an '01 base model 's', 1 family owner car, 118k with full VWSH which is nice. I fitted cruise a couple of months ago using the excellent manual on here. I had it tweaked with a REVO map within 12 hours of ownership, so it's up to about 170 bhp I guess, but the clutch has started slipping this week, so that will keep me busy in a few weekends time. Actually, I notice there is no how-to for a 5 speed clutch/DMF change on here, so will do a write-up on that... This will of course put back any further mods for a while, but anything new to be posted here as and when.

I usually build stuff with hydros (example of one of my old cars below), but now we live in Germany, I am not yet sure of the rules - particularly as I will have to register the car here at some point, so it will just get 'bolt on' mods for now. Still, it's a nice car and in great condition, so a good base to start with...

Cheers, Utterpiffle

This topic has 10 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login