Passat Number 4 - B6 on air

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

mifkif
UKPassat's Possie
Passat model: B3, B3, B5.5, B6

Passat Number 4 - B6 on air

Post by mifkif »

As some of you know at the start of this year, I decided that it was time to garage the wife's daily driver. A perfectly serviceable B5.5 1.8t. With full sport spec including winter pack, lowered 40mm on springs, Audi 17" A3 alloys.

We have owned it for 6 years, and it has served us well, but the itch for a new car and the spiraling costs of fuel. We decided it was time to retire it to the garage.

So we bought another Passat to add to the 3 we already own. The car of choice had to be diesel, preferably a wagon and would love it to be in dark blue. A stroke of luck meant I had the readies when ChrisR decided to release his B6. The deal was done, and the car collected on the 8th January 2012.

It made the journey up from Yeovil with no problems, apart from a loud knocking from the front at slow speeds. Anti-roll bar drop links worn maybe?

Little did I know that this was only the start of the 'issues' we would have with the car :evil:

To cut a very long and very costly story short, there has been problem after problem. This is the main reason I have not posted anything on here about it, due to the fact the love for the car was in MEGA negative. But tonight I have just remedied another leak, and feel this is the turning point for the car and our love for it.

So without further a-do may I present to you, the wife's new car.........

It is a lovely looking car, but there is loads of bits that need sorting, before we can tick it off as 'Done'. For now though we are hoping it manages to give us a few months off repair bills, and then we can see about getting the paint work sorted.

Matt
Follow my Iron Man progess here - http://mifkif.wordpress.com/ and here - http://app.strava.com/athletes/1285908

This topic has 53 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login