Cream Leather Install on B5.5 -NOW WITH AIR RIDE IN MY LIFE

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

philwept_33
B4

Cream Leather Install on B5.5 -NOW WITH AIR RIDE IN MY LIFE

Post by philwept_33 »

Some of you guys were unsure about whether a b5.5 saloon interior would fit into a b 5.5 estate, and to be honest i was not 100% sure it would fit either, so here are some pics of the swap i took last weekend.

I fixed the water leak caused by blocked drain holes in the bulkhead just after christmas however it still has not dried out since then, even though i have ben trying everything.

It was a good oppertunity to have a look how bad it was when replacing the carpets.

It is now leaking in through the pollen filter side and down into the passenger footwell, i wil be getting a new seal next week and siloconing up all of the offending areas.

I wold say that 99% of the parts fitted, even the rear side supports where the rear seatbelts fit, the side trims for when you open the door that run the length of both doors, the front seats, glove box, ower pannels etc etc...

The only issue si had was with the rear seats, which i will be sorting out when i get a chance this week sometime - brackets are slightly different. Also the rear door cards, the top black parts were about 2mm different so i used the nes from the old doorcards and joined them to the new lower door cards.

rear top parts of the door cards needed modifying slightly, the shape was slightly different ( 2mm), so i used the ones from the old door card sand debonded them, and clipped and stuck them onto the new door cards.
Last edited by philwept_33 on Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This topic has 101 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login