VR6 into a Seat Leon Cupra - Update 27/01/12 + Pics

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, desertstorm, vwnutant

JamieBennett81
B4

VR6 into a Seat Leon Cupra - Update 27/01/12 + Pics

Post by JamieBennett81 »

Thanks to the mods for letting me post this in here. Its not a Passat (just to point that out lol in case you couldnt guess from the pictures) but its my new project, my golf 1997 VR6 in Mystic Blue

After missing my Seat Leon Cupra so much, along with the noise and the power, I wanted something fun again. The passat was all paid off and I got my pass signed by my missues to go ahead and buy the VR :hyst

It cost me £950, and its not without it's issue. Driving on the way home it over heated and was pissing out coolant, but luckily the missus was behind me in the passat and we quickly filled the VR up again and limped up....literally!

Speedo and fuel gauge bounce about, but I think I am tracking this down to a speedo sensor issue...will confirm that tonight with VAG COM.

Things done on the car so far are:

Yellow Laminex fog lights
VR6 Chin spoiler
De wipered
De badged (although these are being put back on covered in real carbon)
Cat back Miltek Oval exhaust
Lowered on Jamex coilies (car came with these)
Green panel filter
Enlargened inlet from airbox to manifold

Things in progress:
Inlet mani all polished up (just spraying the inside of the runners black)
Blank dashboard buttons being covered in real carbon
4 X 16 OZ RacingMultispoke alloys being home refurbed (I got these for £70 with 3 tyres in great condition! BARGAIN!)
Few stickers to go on

Future plans:

Full respray
reupholster the interior
Carbon the top of the airbox
Smooth the inside of the airbox
Replace the snapped drivers sideskirt
paint the brake calipers
waxyoil vulnerable parts to rust
Supercharge it..... :-bd (I wish!)

enough of the talking...here she is (a work in progress)

Also started polishing some standard metal bits in the bay and they came up really well for 10 mins effort

After a very quick clean

And the centre piece of the engine bay, currently a work in progress. Massive thanks to my mate Darren who is doing this, and also doing the carbon work for me too

Comments and feedback welcome :D
Last edited by JamieBennett81 on Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:30 pm, edited 14 times in total.
"Murderers come with smiles"

This topic has 47 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login