Project Sssshhhh...... MOT time - Pass!

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!
mifkif
UKPassat's Possie
Passat model: B3, B3, B5.5, B6

Project Sssshhhh...... MOT time - Pass!

Post by mifkif »

Some of you may have been aware that today Sie and I embarked on another road trip. This time it was to collect a new car for me.

The car in question had been for sale on here for a month or so, with an already very low starting price. I contacted Kev almost straight away and have since been trying to strike a deal that he and I were both happy with.

Earlier last week, the final deal was set.

A quick rally round to mither Sie to help me, and it was set for collection this Sunday. Then the trailer guy fell through for Sunday so we had to drag it back a day. So with a 5:15am wake up call, me and my eldest set off just after 6am. We got to Hilton services on the M6 at just after 8am. Sie picked us up a short while after. Yes I was early for a change :D

We then collected the trailer and set off to Bristol to collect the car.

Part of me wanted it to be a pile of cack, but another part wanted it to be a cracker. For the money it really could have been the prior.

Needless to say when we got there we were pleasantly surprised. To say that so many people have missed a bargain would be an understatement.

The car is 85% perfect. There are a few bits that need doing, the biggest being a noisy first gear. It engages and drives, but it is not a happy bunny.

Sie will still be driving back down to Brum after driving me and the car all the way back home, only stopping to collect my car from the services on the way. I owe him a MASSIVE drink, probably a brewery if I am honest. Sie I am in your pocket for a long time to come. ANYTHING you need that I can do, just whistle :- and I will be there.

Anyway, before you nod off, here are what you have all clicked on here for. Well lets face it, you have already gone straight to the pictures, then gone back up to read, so here there are to enjoy again.

For now, here is Bird......

Matt
Follow my Iron Man progess here - http://mifkif.wordpress.com/ and here - http://app.strava.com/athletes/1285908

This topic has 59 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login