going 'up' in the world...

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, desertstorm, vwnutant

lawsy
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: NONE

going 'up' in the world...

Post by lawsy »

anyways - wont be doing much posting about this on here as its not a dub..

So as you know, 2 of my 3 passats have moved onto other places this week and I've had a change..

the last non VW i ever bought was in 1997 and that was a diesel astra for commuting sheffield to leeds every day..

since that car everything i have ever purchased (except for motorbikes and a transit for work) has been a dub

Ever since watching Back to the future and seeing Marty's truck i've had a (to quote the film) 'one day Jen I'll have one of them' want..

research at the time showed it a beefed up rocking hard toyota pick up - closest we could get is the legendary (according to top gear) Hilux pick up

So I've wanted one for ages, could never justify the need for a pick up or spending cash on one..

Anyway, cut a load of waffle short - I decided a compromise was on the cards - and we looked at hilux surfs as it has the size and feel of a huge estate, with the same off road stance as the pick ups.. Sorted

Next up was to sell the dubs - had to be done as I'm getting older and fatter - running round in a slammed dub has stopped being fun!!

so asyou know, earlier this week, both the B3's have gone and have been replaced with....

Now I'm not expecting you all to like it on here - but seeing as I've been asked why I've sodl the wagons thought I'd post up

still a dub man as I've still got the B6..

plans for now, ride as is..
but as and when funds allow, a 2-3" lift on the body, 3-5" suspension lift - huge tyres and get some dirt on it!!

oh, and before anyone says it, the snow last year has nothing to do with it at all as i didnt get stuck once in the B6..

This topic has 22 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login