Bridgwater B5 1.8 Turbo - Updated!!

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Blimmer2007
B1
Passat model: B5 1.8T SE

Bridgwater B5 1.8 Turbo - Updated!!

Post by Blimmer2007 »

Hi guys,

Thought I would start to document my 'sat. Bought it just over a year ago now and immediately decided I wanted to modify!!! Have done bits and pieces to cars all my life but with the onset of a severe case of family have been more sensible over the last few years!!!! As soon as I picked up the car I had a debadged grille on order and haven't looked back!!!!! I will post some pics of progress when I take some! but here is a rundown of what I have achieved so far:

1. K&N panel filter fitted, new debadged grille and blue led vanity bulbs fitted!!!
2. Damn good service and replaced all discs and pads with shiny new Mintex.
3. Repairs to interior including replacement back seat (old one was bent) and new armrest and seat runner covers.
4. Once car was looking better inside and running ok the mod bug got hold of me!!!!
5. Debadged rear of car (apart from recessed VW badge!!)
6. Trip to Berkeley, Glos saw me coming home with a lovely, burbling, stainless steel Longlife exhaust (from the Cat all the way back!)
7. Not happy with it sounding good a visit from the mobile Superchips man saw a new ECU chip programmed and lots more power!!!!!!!!!!!!
8. 40mm drop lowering springs on order, should be delivered and fitted next week fingers crossed!!!
TBC!!!!!!

Thats the progress so far, will get some piccies before and after lowering and will continue the updates!!
I am currently planning:

New FK Headlights
Jap spec front and rear bumper inserts
Colour code all black trim pieces on exterior
New wheels (17" planned but may go bigger if funds allow!!)
Complete interior bulb re-colouring (Neon Blue)
Replace aerial and fit new head unit
3 Spoke steering wheel
Upgrade intercooler
and more I haven't thought of!!!

Ideas and comments welcome, bear in mind I commute in this car 5 days a week to Bristol (35 miles each way!!)

Blimmer
Last edited by Blimmer2007 on Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
V Reg B5 Passat 1.8T

SAMCO Hoses - When Funds Allow!!
FK Angel Eyes - Cant decide on colour!!!!!!!!
Bigger Wheels - 17" AUDI WHEELS ON!!!
Lowering - DONE!!
Re-Map - DONE!!!
K&N - DONE!!
Stainless Exhaust - DONE!!!
Fix Bent Rear Seat Back - DONE!!
De-Badge Rear - DONE!!
De-Badged Grill - DONE!!
Fix Rubbish Radio Reception - Need to Source new Aerial Base!!
Re-Colour Interior Lights Blue - DONE!!
And more that I haven't thought of!!!

This topic has 28 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login