My silver Passat B5 project now on 19" amgs!!

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, desertstorm, vwnutant

beaner
still on the production line

My silver Passat B5 project now on 19" amgs!!

Post by beaner »

Thought it was about time i put my passat tdi on here for you all to see.
I bought the car back in march 08 completely standard 110bhp 1.9 tdi sport. It ticked all the boxes, the perfect family saloon!!

ImageImage

Didnt take long and mods started with debadging the rear and fitting a debadged front grill. Uprated headlight and silver indicator bulbs were fitted along with euro wipers. A full set of smooth door mouldings and the jap spec front rubbing strip were painted and fitted. Also a stubby s2000 ariel.

Then a set of ta tecknic coliovers were added to bring the car down a level or two!

I then ordered some merc amg reps 18x8.5" with 215/35 tyres. I was happy with the ride height but soon wanted it lower so out came the rear adjusters and wound the fronts down a bit more!

I then made up a pair of stubby lupo mirrors which were heated and electirc. The Pressed metal plates made a diffrence too!

Winter came and the 18s were taken off and sold and the standards rims were back on. I started searching on ebay and came across a set of genuine 19" amg monoblocks. How rare- and just being refurbed they were like new!!! Managed to bag them and started saving for the tyres! 215/35s used again but on the 19" rim they looked mad with a nice stretch too! Brand new merc crest centre caps finshed off the rims nicely!

The poo weather seemed to go on forever and wasnt till april 09 and the salt had gone that i decided to fit the rims. Longer bolts were needed along with 5mm spacers up front with 20mm at the rear to give some poke! After a few trail fits i dropped it down a bit more and had to roll the front arches for a bit more clearance.

Had some shorter pressed metal plates made up and this is how the car is to date!!

All comments welcome, would be nice to get some rolling shots if there are any dub photographers around the gloucestershire area

Cheers for looking

Lloyd

This topic has 55 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login