1998 S TDI 90bhp wagon cheap lows

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

biz69
B5
Passat model: B5 S TDI Est 90

1998 S TDI 90bhp wagon cheap lows

Post by biz69 »

here are what i had before
1999 ford focus tdi had it for 4 years 106-170k
this is what it looked like when i sold it
then got a saxo vtr last oct (really just to wee the ex off as we have a kid and she wont let her go in a 3dr :roll: :lol: ) lost about £600 on it in 6 months oh well never mind
just picked up tonight this for £1550 with 108k on it. Needs some things doing and will get better pics at some point
always wanted a vw but for some reason never got one till now :? and i must say i love it 8)

UPDATE 23/03/09
alloys on will get more pics soon forgot to bring my dslr with me so only one on my phone at the mo

Some more pics 25/03/09 and resaults from service
got the car back from grant @ Grant Motorsport which it had full service and a general check over including diagnostic read.
gotta speak to grant about it as i was out when he brought the car back but the general out come is all ok except a couple of little things - the air flow mass meter was not reading right, front drivers side cv boot leaking / ill fitted, timing belt due and a slight steering wheel wobble @ 75ish. so gonna get it moted now and while its there get the wheels balenced and tracking done to see if that stops the wheel wobble. then get grant to do the cv boot and air flow mass meter.
anyway heres some better pics excuse the odd blurry one still not use to using manual focus :smile:
and heres some slight defects to the paint which will hopefully get sorted with paint correction pics dont show them that good they look worse when the sun hits it
fuel cap
rear drivers wheel arch
front drivers wing

done the radiator fan wheel today heres the old one :shock:
also got the new door cable in and now i can open the door from the inside so not much left to do to get it good now :cool:

Update 18/05/09
got a second hand maf as i was told mine was reading under and it seems no different gotta get it checked when i get the timing belt and cv joints done.
got some sunshades wanted them before my holiday last week but like most things they came the monday after i went :roll: anyway heres some pics
rear windscreen
could not figure out how the clip attached to the car as the pics where rubbish on the instructions at the mo it just held in the slot by the force of the shade
rear quarter windows was the easiest as they just slide in and the trim holds them in
rear windows
took me ages to figure out how the clips attached to the window then after i worked it out i relised i was having a dull moment :lol:
you have to pull back the rubber around the window and slide them in then put the rubber back :lol:
out side with the window down
and last pic from inside looking back from the front
Last edited by biz69 on Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:09 pm, edited 23 times in total.

This topic has 47 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login