B3 Estate - A sad day arrives

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

lawsy
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: NONE

B3 Estate - A sad day arrives

Post by lawsy »

Well here is my B3 Estate, not had it that long

Its a 93 model, tailgate says GL, but log book only says L so its pretty basic, manual winders etc etc
musthave had a tailgate swap at some time as the lock only works on the central locking

At some point its been a bit boy raced tho, but i dont mind, fat exhaust, painted rear drums and calipers, but why remove the rear window wiper??!?!?!???!?!?!?!!!!?!?!? Nightmare when raining and in this weather..

Oh well!!

Well we've called him Yogi, all our cars have to have names loosely based on the number plate so as he's YDB its Yogi D Bear!! LOL

Yogi's a 1.8 8valve with a Single Point injection ( i presume this is the same standard 8v as found in mk2 golfs etc etc but with the SPI instead of a carb) Hopefuly they are, they lookthe same as I've got a V Low milage lump from a mk2 that could be saved as a spare

He drives well, getting about 30 - 35 mpg depening on round town or motorway cruising

anyway, pics

here's a few from the ebay advert that we bought him through!

So far, problems, drivers door handle broke, snapped by the mount, i think someone at some point has tried to break into him as there is a little damage around the lock, but a cheap handle off ebay sorted it out till me mate gets a genuine VW one from VW for central locking, so fitte dthat today and also the exhaust is blowing from the manifold itself, so hopefuly over the next week or 2 I'll get that off, it might jus be the gasket, but may as well replace it all while at it! Hope these are easy to work on!!

Otherwise he's pretty straight, interior a little scruffy but i might upgrade or cover them at some stage!

Thrown some alloys on I had lying around and today gave a good wash and clean!

Here's a few pics!!

Last edited by lawsy on Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:45 am, edited 7 times in total.

This topic has 214 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login