Umsy's Jetta thread

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

umsyjav
still on the production line
Passat model: b5.5

Umsy's Jetta thread

Post by umsyjav »

Been a member for years but never showed off any off my cars, to be fair they have just been standard and looked after. But this forum has helped me out loads, friendly lot.
I had a b5.5 Passat that was just excellent think it hit 210000 and my cosuin was part exchanging his 2011 a6 for a q5 so offered it me at what audi were giving. Great i thought. I knew the car was looked after but didnt know it would cost me a bomb. Gearbox bearings went, sounded like wheel bearings so i got mechanic to change that didnt fix so 2nd hand gearbox. Next spring broke one side, control arm bushes went spring broke other side. I only did 10k in first year then lockdown hit and did about 3k. Cost me £2000 in repairs half of thay was on bodywork i like a clean car scratches pee me off.
The car was beautiful to look at but thats about it lol.
Sold to cazoo for more than i paid still out of pocket about 1k.
I wanted a car that was easy to work on and not scared to park somewhere. I found this Jetta on ebay the pics looked good rang seller can i view saturday you can but others want to also, knowing how hard it is to find a car i said ok ill leave u a deposit and ill collect it on Saturday, bought unseen but little risk at £1250
2010 B6 2.0tdi Passat Highline Plus
2006 Jetta 2.0tdi

lot of other VAGS TDis - there's nothing better

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login