Tom's static b6 on Bentleys :)

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

TomEdwards
B1
Passat model: B6

Tom's static b6 on Bentleys :)

Post by TomEdwards »

Been meaning to do this for ages now and never got round to it so here goes :P some of you may recognise this from various shows :) Before I got the passat I had a 6n2 which I showed at alltypes and edition last year, here's a pic of what that looked like :

I bought the b6 back in September off a mate of mine.. got lots of plans for it, air ride is definitely on the cards (fingers crossed this show season). Anyway here's some pics :)

Photo credit goes to Seedy from DubFiction for this one, cracking photo I love it!

Wheels are a wee bit dirty but purple barrels :D Image

Ran into a bit of trouble with the splitter :(

Cheeky snowfoam ;)

Donut rear light mod :) may go for the full skyline look but undecided to wait and get some r36 cherry red lights as I've got standard ones with lamin-x at the moment

Decided to colour co-ordinate the engine bay to the wheels, matt purple :D

It's all in the detail ;)

Right, just before christmas the wheels needed 4 new tyres as they were wearing pretty bad so I decided to give them a refurb over winter as the lips were scuffed and the faces were a bit swirly, I'll let the pictures do the talking again

Splitting them on the run up to crimbo :P

Couldn't believe how bad the lips were :/ apologies for camera quality

This i how i got them after a good wet sand and metal polish with my da, not finished yet though..

Threads looking full of eheemm *crud*

Quick clear through with a tap

Much better

Faces and lips machine polished using AF Revitalise Kit (Can't fault it)and ready to be bolted back together

Where they're up to now, one last thing left and that's to respray the inner lips matt purple again as they were flaking badly then it's time to fit tyres which I will be ordering this weekend :)

Also, I purchased a genuine r36 rear bumper off G black, arrived the other day and it got completely mashed up in the post :( not a happy bunny with the couriers

been quoted £150 to get all the previous repair work fixed, the archwork redone and bumper fully resprayed.. not too bad I guess :)

Hope you guys like it and I'll continue to update with my progress :)

This topic has 19 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login