My B5.5 Sport Wagon...

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Buckers
still on the production line
Passat model: B5.5

My B5.5 Sport Wagon...

Post by Buckers »

So then, after the demise of the B4 I needed a replacement.

I was going to go for a Caddy but after a bit of thinking/research I decided against it. After a bit of browsing, the B5.5 popped up at a reasonable price and better still it wasn't too far away.

Basically the car is a Passat TDI Sport 130 BHP TDI with a 6 speed box. Read a few scary things about the 6 speed but this one seems OK (at the moment...touch wood!) With it being an early car it has a Getrag gearbox rather than the later ones which were manufactured elsewhere. Time will tell I guess. It's also recently had a cam belt etc.

Mods so far are a limited to a remap (bonus), EGR delete, HID's and LED number plate bulbs.

Done a bit of work on it so far:
New tyres
Front brake discs & pads
Front flexi hose
Fresh MOT

Plans going forward (think I said I'd leave it alone...) are:
My personal plate transfer is going through right now.
Slight lowering (going to go for Eibach springs & Bilstein shocks or similar)
Maybe wheels if I see anything I like, probably OEM spec 17's or 18's
Interior needs sorting as a previous owner had a dog with an appetite for VW seat fabric.
Would like to change the rub strips for the chrome Highline versions and maybe some US side markers etc. we'll see

Loving it so far, nice to have a car that actually responds to pressing the accelerator pedal :p

Couple of pics...

Paul B

2001 B5.5 TDI Sport Wagon
1995 B4 Wagon - RIP

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login