B5.5 2.0 (OEM+), now a TDI 130!

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: desertstorm, vwnutant, water01

tunk
B4
Passat model: b5.5

B5.5 2.0 (OEM+), now a TDI 130!

Post by tunk »

Well here it is, nothing much exciting right now, but a standard model with a few little extras. Its a 2003 2.0 N/A model. SE so has a few extras like Cream Leather, Heated Seats etc.

Its had a couple of owners but really looked after in terms of service history and thats what really made me buy it. I dont do many miles per year, say 9,000 tops so a diesel wasnt really considered, expensive turbos, cambelts and clutch just put me off. I wanted something reliable, reasonably quick(ish), cheap and loads of spec.

No major plans, just want to keep it sensible for the family and not wanting to spend a fortune.

First job, change the reg plate bulbs to some SMD leds, 99p from hong kong, spot on. They look very blue in the photo, but they are a clean white.

Also replace the interior lights with some SMD leds. One large dome unit and some multi led 501's.

Switched on, not very good (taken with phone)

Switched on with clear lens in place, they are BRIGHT and really light up the interior well. I did have a festoon light unit but changed it to the large dome unit, again 99p from hong kong..

Last edited by tunk on Mon May 14, 2012 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This topic has 57 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login