budget b5 wagon

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: desertstorm, vwnutant, water01

LIMO-B5
B1
Passat model: B5 TDISE

budget b5 wagon

Post by LIMO-B5 »

so i bought my first vw last summer, i would have done earlier but funds just wouldnt allow
thanks to the wonders of ebay she cost me £300
its a candy white 1998 passat estate TDI SE
Good points- 105,000 miles with full vw service history, a good clean car appart from below
Bad points- head gasket problems,nackered back bumper and a cracked front grille.
pics off Ebay..

after gettin it home and washing it off, it looked more like matt white than gloss white
so i took the back bumper off painted it myself, and got to work with the t-cut.
I did some research on what could be done to the old bus,picked out what i liked
and got to work,
pics now with wind deflectors, debadged grille and boot. i painted headlight and indicator
inserts black, relocated pressed plates with jap inserts, new style side repeators and a
stubby arieland some fitted mats..

so it was time to get it tested, as the old motor sold , it failed on a split cv boot which
i managed to sort easily enough,the money a put aside for mot got put to good use,
bought some second hand coilovers £75
and these "18 tsw alloys, 3 good tyres..

which after a week looked like this..

after running it around for a few months, i had chance to judge how bad the water loss was,
turned out the radiator had more holes in it than a sponge, and the water was being preasurised
by the pistons, so i had head done with new belts,new radiator and new waterpump,
the result was this..

whilst it was geting fixed i went for a look around local bone yards for them missing caps
and broaken plastics, i ended up buying a 3 spoke sport wheel all the bits i needed and got
the inspiration to do this..

i covered around 500 miles and decided it was fixed so i fitted the coilovers and
ran around on the steelies untill i got the wheels finnished..

many late nights later i got the alloys finnished,the rim tape was a pain to fit
it just wouldnt stick. but was happy with the end result..

after trying them on the car they had to come straight back off, as the front arches needed
rolling. eventually got the wheels on, i aint got round to playing with coilovers yet, but
i want it as low as it will go.
thats it for now. got a few more plans when i can afford.

please all opinions welcome, also any ideas on what else i could do!!

here is how she is now..

NO SMOK NO POKE

This topic has 42 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login