BEAKER now with added leathery goodness

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

veedubjunky
B7

BEAKER now with added leathery goodness

Post by veedubjunky »

Well having got shut of the purple turtle and hunting for another wagon of the B3 variety Id been keepin an eye on this one for a wile and with it bein only a few miles away and the sale fallin through at the wkend I emailed the owner Tom! and had a chat, to cut a long story short I went to view/buy this morning and for £250 inc. the coilovers who wouldnt.
Now Tom had told me it was a none runner but with the simptums he described I was farely sure I could get it running and if I couldnt id drag the bleeder home
So got there this morning had a good poke about and was very happy with what I found it was turning over nicely just wouldnt fire. I handed over the dosh and did the deal :D
Tom was happy for me to leave the car there a couple of hour wile I when on a parts run to GSF where I collected a few things inc. a new coil pack, plugs, ht's, thermostate and seal and A FUEL PUMP RELAY ;) and just for good measure i nipped to the stealers and collected a OEM disi cap. With my arm full of goodies I hot footed it back to my new baby!!
As I couldnt hear the fuel pump priming the relay was first to change and guess what it fired up first time!!!! :hyst sorry Tom. As Id already bought all the other service Items I fitted those before setting off on the short journey home.
And here he is as I got him

and after an our of peeling and picking and a quick wash
Last edited by veedubjunky on Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:23 pm, edited 10 times in total.

This topic has 247 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login