Fizzy the B6 - MOT FAIL then PASS - now MODS

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

lawsy
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: NONE

Fizzy the B6 - MOT FAIL then PASS - now MODS

Post by lawsy »

right this time its it..

Mrslawsy's had enough - sick of playing with cars - lol - cant blame her really..

Reason i think it is is that I've always untill the last couple of years had company cars, so always had a good reliable daily and a toy....

Getting cheap cars as daily's when we commute together and do about 60 miles a day hasnt been the best option, so lot of thinking has been going on and seeing the last B4 i bought turned out to be such a dog - she said.. (after almost killing ourselves as the brakes suddenly hit a flat spot and dissppeared)

ENOUGHS ENOUGH - either you stop messing about and get a proper car or i'm off..

So that was that - time to sit down and weigh up the options - how much can we afford, what to do etc..
So started researching - I've got as good a credit score as a chimp - so things were a little difficult, but we did some research and got a good deal with a finance co..

So we spent a while looking around the internet, researching options, working out what we coudl afford- so this morning I went to my lock up in the B4 - threw on the original wheels, removed everything (except the damm VR6 lights as I forgot till just now) got absolutley soaked, refitted the seats, dash etc etc

we then set off..
shopping list was simple

MUST be VAG - Diesel - Ideally the 2.0 TDI 140ps engine..

weather that was going to be golf, bora, jetta, golf plus or passat - who rightly knew - but deep down i knew what i wanted..

So after looking at the best part of 100 cars we realised to get a b6 with good trim and good documented history with low mileage was going to cost a few grand than we could afford, we deiced to play the spec vs mileage card..

We narrowed our choice down to 3 - s of them were SE specs, one had 122k on the clock and the other had 90k, the next was a lowly S..

Looked them both over, theS had black trim instead of chrome, bit sinside werent quite as good as the SE, but it had 66k - so i asked about history,the S had 2 previous keepers and was more money :roll: checked the history and it was 5k off needing a cambelt done too, but then the penny dropped, it only had the 110 engine so decision made - back to the SE's

of the 2 colours we prefered the 90k one and it had 1 former keeper, full stamped dealer history, had everythingdone when it should... so next up was the price..

we struck a deal, got a fair trade in for the B4 and signed up..

next came the question... Would you like to drive away today sir - WOULD I..

2.5 hours later of paperwork filling etc the lovely Mrs Lawsy and I were the proud owners of a B6 - 55 plate 2.0 TDI Passat SE..

Mrs Lawsy, true to herself came up with aname instantly - Fizzy - the number plate startes with F, has 55Z in the middle so thats that...

Here's Fizzy!!!!!

So the journey home commenced 45 miles - no TAX - dealer said they do it all the time and never had an issue - so thereI was 3 miles from home, traffic cop passes, next minuet he whips round - Iknew I'd been caught on the VNPR system, so rather than wait for the enevtable i pulled over,they pulle dup behind, I explained we'd just bought the car and collected it, showed them the paperwork and they were really good..
todl us its not a problem, just dont go driving round tonight..

then came car shuffle time - and of coursehad to do the obligatory Santana - Passat shot...

So, the only downside is Mrslawsy says one of the old ones has to go, there's no way i'm selling the Santana so, thats it, the mk1 has got to go, adverts up already- wheels sold already......

now guys, this may come as a shock, but I'm now 100% happy with my cars - yes they both need a whack with the lowering stick and some wheel sorting- but I promise you, mrslawsy and the rest of my family - that this is the last - look at my new car thread I'm doing for a while!!!!

now, can anyone map these... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'm glad mrslawsy and I had this chat recently, she's been brilliant over the last couple of years and although I say she says 1 has to go - its been me putting the words in her mouth...
Last edited by lawsy on Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:29 pm, edited 10 times in total.

This topic has 139 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login