I've done it again!!!!!!!

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: desertstorm, vwnutant, water01

lawsy
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: NONE

I've done it again!!!!!!!

Post by lawsy »

Yes another Passat estate!!!

Had to have a clearout of my photobucket tho, so all the old threads pics are gone..

so I'll start again

My names steve and I'm a compulsive car swapper..

there i said it!!! hee hee

In the past year I'vehad far too many cars so this time I hope it migth stay!!

I'm not one for the bling and scene stuff, i liek thingsthe way i do, which waspart of the reason for selling the VR - it started to move away from my actual tastes!!
To give you an idea, I personally think Mocco's estate - now Van is one fo the best cars on this site..

Anyhow, as most of you know I sold my B3 to Matt, MifKif and I'm really pleased he's loving it, why did i sell well to by the B4 VR6 Estate, which i loved, then i slamme dit, added the porsche wheels and got scared to drive it.. Still managed to rack up 3k miles in 2months and took out a second mortgage for the fuel bill!!

so enough was enough, the other day I needed a pratical car forsome DIY and the VR wouldnt get into the tip and I didnt want to put loads of garden stuff in the boot - so I decided to sell!!

Anyways, enough of mr rambling!!!

Next up meet Muttley

no not that muttley!!

as some know we name all our cars, so the next oneup now is Muttley!!

Why, well muttley is a cool character, the car is an M reg and has UT in the plate, so MUT, best character from that Muttley!!

So the car

Just picked it up,

I've spent the last coupel of weeks scouring ebay, autotrader, other forums etc looking for a suitable car

Requirements was simple

Vag Estate, diesel and Cheap(ish) for a daily, but also a project, but soemthing tatty to carry out my original B3.5 Idea - A few came, a few went, each time the prices and or mileage creeping up, was looking liek i was goingt o struggle, toyed with the Idea of a mk3 Golf Estate, then slapped myself back into sense

then last night, it appeared, B4 diesel estate, Cheap enough, not too far away.. Newly listed, so i pounced, called the guy, we had a chat, struck a deal and that saw me finishing work tonight, jumping on a train and going for it, still prepared to haggle tho....

So here he is

As you can see he is a dog, so muttley is the appropriate name!!!

He's a 1994 (dec 94) registered Passat Estate

He has a 1.9 TDengine fitted, 1Z engine code (is that the 90bhp???? anyone know)

Stack of old MOT's but no paperwork

in the last 12 months he's had a new cambelt and tensioner fitted, along with a new water pump and all ancillery belts, guy serviced himself at regular intervals etc

He has only covered 82k, just turnedas i was driving home!!

but he must have been no the front row, he is a little battle scarred...

Dent to front wings, both sides, but bumper seems untouched, coupel of dents in doors, weird dent in the roof and a dent in the tailgate, but as I'm thinking of the B3.5 conversion wings, bonnet etc wil be changed :mrgreen:

Tailgate has had a replacement window fitted badly, but doesnt show signs of leaks!!

But he does come with a full years (minus a week) MOT and 5.5 months road tax..

I've just driven him home about 60 miles without any issues at all, little smokey out theback, so popped in, grabbed the camera and nipped to the worse place for pictures possible - Sainsbury's brand new, fully illuminated car park

so the pictures actually makehim look worse than he is!!!

so here goes, no laughing please!!!

As you can see he is going to need a little work, but the engine seems to pull well and not that smokey when giving it a boot full

Does smell diesely inside, so need to get it looked over..

So what you think guys

Junk Yard dog, or Bargain with potential

With Tax included for

This topic has 64 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login