my B4 estate - The works -Now slammed, cow fitted and D90's

The virtual show-'n'-shine - show us what you've got, plus some details about it! Feel free to add a pic of yourself so we can put a face to a name!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

lawsy
Too much time on your hands
Passat model: NONE

my B4 estate - The works -Now slammed, cow fitted and D90's

Post by lawsy »

Well just as i was thinking my little project B3 was getting there...

see here for details.. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10070" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

but a random search through ebay i spotted something I've always wanted and I know is getting rarer - some of you have recently seena few subtle hints but untill it was here at home sat on my drive i didnt want to tempt fate..

so following a very tiring weekend organising my clubs show, I made a long walk to the train station,hopped on a train, thena tube, then another train, then a taxi...

I arrived at my destination, with a fist full of folding purple paper in my hand...

Here's a pic..

lets start with the important ones first.. lol

2.8 ltrs of VR6 mmmmmmmmmmmm

here's a few more pics i took just before getting home..

nasty mess in the door area, anyone know if you can get armour plates for these doors liek you used to be able to get for mk1 and mk2 golfs????

It drove nice, had one point when it went a bit juddery, buts its not been used, 2k in 8 months and been stood for 3 of them.. but over a 100 mile trip home through country lanes, little villages and towns ( I avoided motorways on purpose) to get a feel for its thirstiness, the MFA reads at 25.8 which i didnt think was too bad - i did give it some beans too :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

as some of you know we always name cars based either on their registraition number or model number

Not much could be got from the plate - plus it might bechanging, we 've gone for Vince Ray - inspiration fromt he hot rod world and VR6.. lol

Here's vinces adverts pics -

if someone actually knows how many are left that havent been broken for the engine etc please let me know

As to plans - well the leathers coming out of the B3, ( it was originally from a vr anyway) andgoing in this, then I'm going to run for a coupel of weeks and decide, its seen better days, the bumpers are very tired, laquer peel on the roof and bonnet, so will see hwo reliable he is over the next week before i decide further..

I have a lot of ideas in my head, one of them I've discussed with a couple of people, but if it does come off I'd like to keep it up my sleeve first tho...

what you think guys - mad, daft or great..

I would like to know if any more vr6's out there as I've never seen another in the flesh.. and beleive me whan i say this isnt going the same way as alot of them, by being raped of engine etc for a golf...

oh yeah, forget to mention, got a pile of receipts/every mot etc etc with it too!!!
Last edited by lawsy on Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

This topic has 63 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login