I’m not good with titles so I’ll go with Hi.

New to the site or want to just say hello or even want to check the latest forum-related announcements? Click on!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

vickylianne
Passat model: B6

I’m not good with titles so I’ll go with Hi.

Post by vickylianne »

Hi all. I purchased my B6 passat on Sunday, stumbled on these forums Sunday night and have spent the last 48 hours panicking about oil pumps and balancer shafts. I phoned VW today and they have confirmed my car comes with the OEM 100mm shaft so panic level has reduced somewhat. Having said that, I have gained a lot of knowledge along the way...and as they say knowledge is power.

So back to the Passat, it’s a 60 plate high line estate. 2.0 tdi 138bhp. So far I’m impressed, been a ford girl up to now although I’ve owned many cars in the past 13 years. It has replaced a ford galaxy which I love but unfortunately bought 3 years too late really, eldest child is due to learn to drive soon and she’s at the age where she doesn’t want to come with us anywhere, so we can all fit in a normal sized car. So the search started and my must haves were: estate, diesel and enough poke if I need it. Viewed a heap of a BMW 3 series and obviously walked away, went to the Passat with not much in the way of expectations to be honest but was impressed and so purchased it.

List of jobs to be done - full service (oil was pretty clean, but it was done by the garage purchased from so I have no idea what grade was used..so I have purchased my own and hubby is doing it tomorrow)
Strut top bearing - it’s a little creaky so a new one going on tomorrow too.
Cambelt and water pump...last done at 61k and it’s done 121k now.
Possibly new wheels - it’s on 17’s at the moment but think there’s scope for better, hubby wants to put scirocco wheels on I haven’t looked yet.
And lastly a good wax....it’s black and it needs to shine :esm

This topic has 15 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login