New year New car

New to the site or want to just say hello or even want to check the latest forum-related announcements? Click on!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

r3su_87
Passat model: B8

New year New car

Post by r3su_87 »

Hi All,

Names Will. I picked up my 67 plate passat R-Line wagon on the 31st. This was an upgrade (at least in space terms - and probably build quality as well) from a fiesta ST due to needing space for a child seat etc.
Was looking at arteon saloons but having borrowed my parents first edition octavia estate (incredibly well spec'd vehicle and a huge step up from the previous generation) I realised i needed a wagon to haul stuff around.
Its a 1.4TSi as my commute is too small to justify a diesel.
SO far, very impressed with engine. Seems to have more low down tourque than the fiestas 1.6 and returns similar figures in MPG which is nice.

Plans are;
- Upgrade Halogen headlihghts to LED style ones (not the IQ)
- Engine cover!
- 19" Pretorias in gun metal (likely to be copies rather than orginals as I dont need to the performance, im just a tart)
- De-chrome (the cars black so might not, dont know if a 'mudered' / 'stealth' passat will look all that good. Plus the chrome is growning on me)
- Sort out the intake setup (appears to have several chambers to give it a diesel bass note(?))
- reverse camera (emblem style rear camera)
- remap (i belive revo can get approximately 170-180 bhp out of the 1.4)
- Lowering springs 30/35 eibachs

Having never owned a VAG group vehicle before theres a lot to get my head round in terms of OEM+ upgrades and various bits of software, which I'm sure will involve a few threads so apologies in advance.

Anyway, thanks for having me.

Will

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login