Leak - water in front passenger footwell

New to the site or want to just say hello or even want to check the latest forum-related announcements? Click on!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

Matt H
Passat model: B8

Leak - water in front passenger footwell

Post by Matt H »

Hi everyone,

I bought a 2015 2.0 S Bluemotion Passat Estate from Car Giant last month and so far have been delighted with it.

Then last week I noticed the front passenger footwell carpet was sodden - soaking wet - appeared to be water, The wetness had also gone into the back passenger footwell.

After a bit of online research, I took the car in to my local VW independent who flushed and cleared the drains underneath the battery - although he said there wasn't much evidence of blockage.

I've had a good look today and noticed a little rectangle of carpet underneath the seat had previously been cut - I guess as this leak / water had also occurred with the previous owner and someone had tried to investigate.

Under the carpet and sound insulation foam there is standing water. I rang Peter Cooper - the main VW dealer in Southampton - who said it wasn't an issue either they or VW were aware of and they'd need the car for three days to get it checked - without a clear price. Obviously this is potentially damaging and could cause some fairly nasty electrical problems as well as the car basically rotting from the inside.

Has anyone had this on the current Passat model and does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance , Matt in Lymington, Hampshire

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login