New-ish B6 CC owner

New to the site or want to just say hello or even want to check the latest forum-related announcements? Click on!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

DaveN351
Passat model: B6 CC

New-ish B6 CC owner

Post by DaveN351 »

Just discovered the forum - just what I've been looking for!

My previous car was a BMW 650i and I absolutely loved it - until the odd niggle started... The cost of these niggles was rising so I started falling out of love with it. I drove a diesel loan car for a few days and found that, without realising it, the Beemer had become a pain in rural Lincolnshire, my new home. I'd always admired the CC and by chance, while I was looking at another car on a forecourt, I noticed the car I now drive. It was silver and hadn't been driven for over a year, but clearly well-maintained. In fact it's immaculate, inside and out. 98,000 miles and nine years old and it drives as if it's been made out of one piece of metal - not a squeak, rattle, anything. Inside it still looks brand new. :ymapplause:

Needless to say, I'm really delighted with it. And, dare I say it, even though it's only the 140bhp model it's actually a nicer drive than the BMW - albeit not as quick! I never thought I'd find a car that looked as good as the 650i but again I was wrong. From all angles, apart from the very front I'd say the CC is equally handsome.

There, that's tempted fate - the bloody thing will start going wrong...! :roll: