Hi All new member just looking at a very clean 2005 passat 1.9 diesel estate

New to the site or want to just say hello or even want to check the latest forum-related announcements? Click on!

Moderators: water01, vwnutant, desertstorm

BIKER1954
Passat model: b6

Hi All new member just looking at a very clean 2005 passat 1.9 diesel estate

Post by BIKER1954 »

Hi everyone
have been looking for a nice Passat estate for a couple of months now since I sold my Lt 35 due to low usage.
(1000 mls last year so cant justify the space on the drive and am looking for a smaller vehicle but still able to move things.
have been to see a very clean 1.9 tdi full service history 130 k cam belt at 56k and 113k.
Only problem is that the clutch pedal was not returning fully when released he is going to get a mechanic he knows to look at it tomorrow and I will r-test it then,
a couple of questions for you folks.
1) is there any way to do a short term fix on this to make me think it has been sorted.
2) what is a fair price to haggle off price if I take it as is, pulls very well with no slipping si=o am thinking master of slave cyl.
not a problem for me to sort if I have to but need to know if the slave cyl on a 1.9 tdi (2005) is inn the gearbox or external
3) he is asking £1995 which seems hagh and I was going to try to knock him down any way but dont know how far given the clutch problem any advice greatly appreciated
Cheers Cliff

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login